Dr Claudiu Dragos Carmaciu, Doctor-Medic, MRCPsych, Section 12(2) approved, has been a fully qualified doctor since 1986, graduating with top marks from the Carol Davila Medical School in Bucharest.
Dr Claudiu Dragos Carmaciu
- 1. Interview by the weekly London-based newspaper "Diaspora Romaneasca", published 7 December 2012
- 2. Co-author to article “Psychiatric Services available to the UK General Practitioners”, published in the Romanian monthly newspaper “Ziarul Medicului de Familie” in May and June 2011
- 3. Main author of article “The Satisfaction of Putting Back the Smile on the Face of Patients” published in the Romanian journal “Medica Academica”, June 2010
- 4. Co-author of Case Report “Organic Psychosis Induced by Ofloxacine and Metronidazole”, published in British Journal of Hospital Medicine, April 2009
- 5. Co-author of a double audit on “Deliberate Self Harm”, published in the international journal Evidentia (November/December 2008)
- 6. Co-author of Case Report “Diuretic-induced Recurrent Mania with Bendroflumethiazide”, published in the international journal “Clinical Approaches in Bipolar Disorders”, June 2007
- 7. Article on thyrotoxicosis (see below) is re-published as an “overview” in issue 1/2005 of the Scandinavian journal “Review Series: Psychiatry”
- 8. Main author of “Thyrotoxicosis after Complete or Partial Lithium Withdrawal in Two Patients with Bipolar Affective Disorder”, paper published in the international journal “Bipolar Disorders”, October 2003
- 9. Main author of “Secondary Koro with Unusual Features in a Briton”, Case Report published in the international journal “Transcultural Psychiatry”, December 2001
He started his psychiatric career in 1992 in the Mersey region, attending psychiatric courses at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital. He continued his training in Essex, attending psychiatric courses at University College London and later on, as a Specialist Registrar, he trained at Fulbourn and Addenbrooke’s Hospitals, attending psychiatric courses organized by Cambridge University.
He worked in the NHS at consultant level in General Adult Psychiatry from December 2001 to February 2012, when he took early retirement from the NHS to develop Consult Medical UK Ltd. Between 2005 and 2010 he was the Area Medical Director for Mid-Essex, within the North Essex Partnership Foundation NHS Trust. He worked as Visiting Consultant at the Priory Hospital Chelmsford from 2007 to 2017 and in 2015 he became Founding Director of Albion Medical SRL, a modern medical company based in Bucharest, Romania.
His main interests included, in his career spanning for over a quarter of a century, affective disorders (bipolar disorder and depression), psychotic disorders (including schizophrenia) and borderline personality disorder, as well as patients with Eastern European background, but at the end of 2017 he took the decision to leave his role as a Visiting Consultant Psychiatrist at the Priory Hospital in Chelmsford and concentrate subsequently only on performing Mental Health Act Assessments in England and the development of Albion Medical SRL as a centre of excellence for community psychiatry, psychotherapy and other medical disciplines in Bucharest, Romania.